CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

So good to be home

This past week has been quite an eventful one, but we are happy to be home tonight and I am very excited about sleeping in my own bed!

We rented our home out to one of the players of the Shell Houston Open Tournament, Jonathan Byrd. At first, it was a little bit weird to think that some stranger was sleeping in my bed and bathing in my bathroom. But, after we got to meet him and his sweet wife, I was totally comfortable with the idea. Jonathan and Amanda are strong Christians and she is just about the cutest and sweetest thing that I have ever met! I had such a great time following him as he played and was much more interested in the tournament when I was invested in someone! We plan on keeping in touch with this precious family.

At the tournament, we also saw Allie from The CityIt was so random. I wish that I would have spoken to her, but what do you say? Katie, I wish you would have been there. You would have known what to do!!

Our wonderful brother and sister-in-law took us in this week while we were homeless and we are so thankful for their hospitality. It was also a good opportunity to spend some time with this precious cutie....Uncle Rusty even kept her for a few hours on Saturday morning. I was so proud of him and the great job that he did on his first time babysitting!

I got to spend Nate's first month birthday with him. I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. It seems like just yesterday, I was praying for the day that his mommy and daddy would finally meet him! He is such a cutie and I cannot wait until I can show him off!

I also got to take some pictures of sweet Emma for her birth announcements. What a doll! There are a more pics on my photo blog, if you want to check them out.I also spent a few days in Oklahoma this week because my grandfather passed away. Though it is sad for us to lose him, we were able to celebrate his life well lived. My heart is so heavy for my grandma though. I cannot imagine losing my husband of 54 years and how lonely she must be.

It was a very quick trip, but I did get to spend a few hours with my nephew, Jackson. I rarely get to see him, so this was a very special treat! I love this wink he does when he says "Cheese!" Isn't he just adorable?
Tomorrow night, we are going to Opening Day for the Astros, so our busy week continues! But tonight, I am looking forward to catching up on about 8 hours of DVR'd shows that I have missed. I hear Anoop was terrible, but I still love the underdog- speaking of, I am looking forward to catching a glimpse of Jason Castro in the audience! There will probably also be some tears over the last episode of ER and who knows what what will happen on LOST?!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Loved the post! Glad you are home and survived the week. Love you both so much.

Jaclyn said...

Hey Jen! I visited your photo blog too and the pictures of baby Emma are BEAUTIFUL. You are SO talented! Also, i saw the pictures you took at Erica's shower and they are amazing too. She was just beaming in every picture you took. I was so sad I couldn't be there and I was SO SO looking forward to meeting you! We need to plan another get together...maybe you, erica, me and my sister Jen?
I hope you have a great week. Welcome home :)

Jenny said...

Jen! I was a the Open too, what a bummer that I didn't see you. We even followed Jonathan Byrd for a little while too. I am fried but we had a great time :)

And I agree with Jaclyn's comment, let's all get together!

Katie said...

Jenni, I would have asked Allie WHY she is still with that boyfriend of hers! Just kidding. What on earth was she doing there?

Okay, gotta run, The Hills is on... :)

Sally said...

Am I not cool enough for a hyper-link? :) Just Kidding....We had fun with you guys - glad you could stay and play with Addison!

Unknown said...

Jackson made it!!!!

Ashley McWhorter said...

I can't believe you saw Allie. WOW!! She weirds me out, a little. Way too much drama going on in her life. But, of course, I still watch the show. :)