CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 19, 2009

NY City

Rusty is working in New York for several weeks, so this weekend I got to go and see him for a few days. We had a such a wonderful time and I was so sad to leave him and come home. 

We stayed at The Palace Hotel which was just amazing! It is right in the heart of Midtown and we were just blocks away from some of the most fun parts of the city! This was the view from our room:
Isn't it beautiful? From our window, you could see St. Patrick's cathedral 
We have both been to NYC before, so we did not do many of the typical touristy things, but we did walk around in the afternoons and see some of the sights. 
We went to Rockefeller Center
and Times Square
We shopped in a few of our favorite stores: 
Rusty at the NBA shop 
and me at the candy department of FAO Schwarz 
We saw Chicago  which I enjoyed, but I guess I am a little naive and do not understand why everything always has to have such crude humor! We did have fourth row seats, which made the show more entertaining. You could literally see the spit coming out of their mouths under the lights! 
(Please forgive the blurry picture, I was trying to be discreet and no flash makes it difficult to catch a moving target!)
We slept late every day and we ate WAY too much:
We had some New York Style pizza at John's Pizzeria in Times Square. It's a really cool old church that they have converted into a restaurant. 
We also had a fantastic meal at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse where they quickly found the way to my heart through blue cheese encrusted filet and au gratin potatoes. 
But one of my favorite restaurants,  we found based on the recommendation of my friend, Jenna. There is this really cool little place called The Papillon Bistro where you can have dinner while Opera singers perform. It was a "locals" spot where regulars come each week and it was not crowded with tourists.
It was such fun dinner and though we felt pretty uncultured by the fact that we were the only ones in the restaurant that did not know the words to the songs, we still enjoyed ourselves! We fell in love with this sweet woman from Russia who played the piano! We wanted to bring her home with us! 
I didn't even think about taking video until the show was ending, but I did catch the final few notes:

I have another great one of our sweet pianist's solo, but am having a hard time getting it loaded. I will add it if I can ever get it to work. You have to see her- she is just such a doll!

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Great pictures and I am so glad you had a good visit. Hope you get to go back soon. Love you so much.

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

Looks like you both had such fun yet a very restful visit!!! This is my description of a "perfect' vacation!!!

I have never been to NY - boo!hoo!
Mammy

Lisa said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! I love how your favorite place is the candy dept at FAO...mine too! :)

Unknown said...

Looks like a great time! I am glad you got to go spend a few days with Rusty! love ya!!!

Kyle and Melanie White said...

Looks like a fun weekend!

shelby said...

looks like you had a blast! is that THE SCARF that was puked on in that first picture???

Ronda said...

Yay! I'm so glad you had fun in NYC! It looks like you and your husband had an amazing time together!

laura said...

What a romantic trip! There is nothing like a fun getaway to New York City...I dream of going there one day with Adam. So glad you got to join Rusty and have a great time away together!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fabulous time! I went to visit Brad--unfortunately he was in the not-quite-so-glamorous Salt Lake City. However, I am pleased to report there is plenty of good shopping to found there. :)

Love the pics!