CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Birthday

Thank you all so much for posting birthday wishes for me! I love getting comments! It was such a special day and I feel so blessed to have so many people that love me!
I spent the morning at the gym with Ginger and my trainer. I could justify the rest of the day's activities much better after I burned some calories! After going to a meeting to discuss postpartum hemorrhage (just what every girl wants to do on her b-day), I got to go to lunch with my friends, Linda and Ginger. Then, I treated myself to a massage. I do this a couple of times a month, so it wasn't a big splurge. But, it was important to do it it on my birthday of all days!

I came home from my massage and Linda and Ginger were at my house with appetizers and cocktails. We talked, laughed, and had our own little Happy Hour here at the house. Then, we all got ready and they took me to The Melting Pot (a birthday tradition for me) for dinner. A bunch of friends from work met us there and we had a girl's night! It was so much fun!


When I came home, Rusty had presents waiting for me to unwrap. I got two new tripods (I was especially proud of his wrapping skills demonstrated on this one.) I also got some movies, a much needed new shoe rack and a new Tahoe! No, this wasn't a model of a real one that I am getting. This is actually my new car. Isn't my husband (Insert sarcasm here) hysterical?
Thank you to all of you that made my day so special! 28 is going to be a good year for me!

6 comments:

Erica said...

Wow! What a celebration! Gotta love a good massage, a private happy hour, topped off by the Melting Pot - sounds perfect!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your special day!

THE WHITE HOUSE said...

Looks like you had a great day! I am impressed by the wrapping job that your husband did! Kolby once gave his Mom a gift in a gift bag and used toilet paper as the tissue! Pitiful!!! I have to say that his wrapping abilities have improved greatly since then! :)

Elaine said...

Happy Birthday--glad you celebrated in style. Isn't it great to have "sister" friends.

Court said...

Hey Jenni ~ can you email me at my yahoo address.....Ashley wanted to get your dad & Kathy's phone number and she doesn't have it. Thanks! ~ Court

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam said...

Sorry, I haven't got on here in a few days, and I missed your birthday!!! But it looks like you had a great one! I am so glad that you have started this blog because I truly pray for you all of the time and love seeing you in pics and just life! And I also feel that 28 will be a great year!!

Marlers said...

I LOVE these pics because you, Ginger and Linda have all delivered my babies!! You are all so special to me! I continue to pray for you and know that you will be through this storm so soon! Stay strong! Also, I just had to add that I think you are down-right beautiful!

Hope to see you soon!