CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Trip to Horseshoe Bay

We had such a great time on our trip this weekend. It was so relaxing and so beautiful! The food was great (especially since birthday calories don't count! )
On Saturday, we rented a boat for the afternoon. We had a great time cruising all over Lake LBJ, looking at the beautiful homes, and swimming.
We were cracking up at this guy! He had his dog on the back of his jet ski! He was going really fast, but the dog was just hanging on, enjoying the ride!
Rusty let me drive for a little while, but it only proved that he is a much better boat driver than me!
After the lake, we went back to the condo and watched the sunset.
This was the view from our balcony. It was beautiful!
Then, we went to a very special dinner at the yacht club.
Sunday morning, I woke up very early and watched the sunrise from the balcony.
It was such a peaceful, beautiful morning and I really enjoyed the quiet time.
Our our way home, we drove through Austin and Rusty showed me his old stomping grounds. He drove me past his old house, through campus (he went to law school at UT), and his favorite restaurants. He also drove me up to Mt. Bonnell so that I could take some photos.
Don't be fooled by his degree from t.u. He is all Aggie.
His u.t. diploma is even framed in maroon in his office!
We couldn't resist this picture. It may be hard to tell, but the statue is giving a "Hook 'em horns."
Then he took me to the original Texadelphia for lunch. This may not seem exciting since I can eat Texadelphia in Houston, but at the original location they sell their mustard blend!
I got two jars! I love this stuff and will dip anything in it!
If you know me at all, you know that I took 1000 other pictures. I won't bore you with them in this post though.
We had such a great trip and I am so thankful to my sweet husband for taking me away this weekend!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like a wonderful trip! I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend.

Brad and I had to laugh--his Masters from t.u. is also matted in maroon!

Cody and Shana said...

Jennifer,
I haven't been writing or reading blogs in a while but I just noticed yours from Friday and I just wanted to say how special that was to hear. Thank you for sharing your side of the story as a birthmother. That was so neat to hear your perspective, especially since we are in the process of adoption. We pray reguarly for our furture birthmother, and for all the emotions and thoughts she might be going through, we would never understand exactly what she is going through. But hearing you share even just a glimps of what it is like, was helpful to us and I appreciate your openness.
Glad yall have such a great time on your trip!

Kyle and Melanie White said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a nice time.

Erica said...

How fun! I am glad that you were able to get away together for a nice weekend on the lake. Your pictures are great!

Also, thanks for your last post about Mother's Day. You never cease to amaze me (and to think that I still have yet to meet you in person!). The Lord has used you and your openness and transparency to open my eyes and soften my hearts to the stories/journeys of others. The Lord has been using this season of my life to soften me to be more compassionate and empathetic of the needs of others. And a portion of this "learning" or molding has come through you and your story. So thank you for being willing to speak up!

Hugs,
Erica

P.S. Thanks for your continued prayers for us!

Unknown said...

Your pictures are so cute! I especially like the one with you and Rusty with his antlers! hahahaha check it out looks like he has antlers but truly it is the tree. I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend! You totally deserve it! love you very much!

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam said...

Great pics. And you were only 30 minutes from us :( We have to get together sometime soon!