CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 12, 2010

Progress doesn't stink.

I was gonna say "Construction Stinks" just to keep it going. But let's face it, that could go on forever. It's time for some POSITIVE things!

We are making progress in the house! It's a little bit of a chaotic disaster over here right now, but by the end of the week, I should have a brand new house (ok, not a new house, but I do get to change a lot of things that I really wanted to!)

They came and cut out all the sheetrock last weekend. We were excited that they did not have to cut out as high as they thought they might have to.


Yesterday, Pablo came and put our walls back together again!

But another group came to tear up the floors.
This was my entry hall yesterday morning:
This was my entry hall last night:
And when my sister-in-law warned me that the house would be COVERED in white dust after they pulled up the tile, she was not joking! Thanks, Sally for convincing my husband to put up as much plastic as he did. Everything else is white!

But the most exciting part of all of this for me is NEW BUILT-IN CABINETS!!! (Am I officially old when I get excited about cabinets?)

If you have ever been in my home, I have told you the story of this terrible disaster, but if you have not heard the story, here is the short version:

I am an idiot. 
I pay people in full before they finish the job. 
Said people then disappear off the face of the planet. 

These were the cabinets that we had:
They may not look terrible in pictures, but trust me when I tell you that they were pieces of junk and I learned a very expensive lesson. 

So, I was so excited today to watch this happen: 
As I write this, there is a real carpenter in my driveway building new cabinets! And on Thursday, they are coming to lay hardwood floors!

So, I won't even stress that my pretty little sitting room looks like this:

Or that the sink from the hall bath is in my kitchen:

Or that there is a toilet on my back porch. 

4 comments:

Sally said...

Love the toilet! Glad that they are making progress on your house - the new cabinets are going to look beautiful!

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Can I come see your house in real life when this is all said and done? It looks purty.

Lisa said...

So sorry that this happened to you guys! At least you get to change some things that you wanted to change. I can't wait to see the after pics. Lovin' the fireplace mantle by the way! Very cool. Miss you guys!!!