CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Water stinks too.

Starting to see a trend here? Man, I am a debbie downer. It seems like every post I write is a complaint of something going wrong in my life. Please don't read that into this post.

This is just another funny story about the adventures of Rusty and Jennifer Woolley. We just like to keep things interesting around here...

So, I have been begging my husband for a pool. If we are going to have to live in this hot city, I at least need a place to cool off. But before we committed to the investment of a pool, he wanted to see if I would actually use it.

He agreed to buy me this in the meantime, just to see how much use it would actually get. Sure, it was a little tacky, but we figured if we spent $200 and only used it for one summer, that would be better than putting in a pool and never using it!


Well, being the stellar construction genius' that we are, we did not realize that you cannot put the pool right into the corner of the house. Especially if you have our luck. Because if you do, you will get to use the pool for one day before a hurricane comes to Mexico bringing tons of rain to Houston. And with the pool right up against the brick, water will get trapped in the corner and flood into your house. 

I came home yesterday afternoon to get ready for a July 4th weekend trip and found this:


And we spent our night doing this:



And now my house looks like this:





So the trip was cancelled, AGAIN. 
We are living upstairs for now. The sheetrock guys are coming next week to pull out all of the wet sheetrock. Then that will have to air out for a week before we can rebuild and lay new floors. 

We are not sure if insurance is going to cover this because it might be considered "flood", but we are praying that they do! Either way, I guess I get new floors out of the deal! :)


And I get a weekend at home to get caught up on my very long "To Do" list. I guess we just aren't meant to take any trips this summer!

Happy 4th, everyone! Hope your weekend is less eventful than ours!

10 comments:

aggieriedels said...

You guys are too funny! If you run out of things to do...call me. We can get together. Infact, I was planning on doing maternity pics with my sister in law this weekend, but she suddenly can not do them. How do you feel about two toddlers and finger paint? It won't get on the carpet... :)

Kyle and Melanie White said...

Wow - what a bummer and a mess! Sad that you had to miss your trip. :(

The Parks said...

Bless your heart, I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough summer :( Yayy for new floors though!

Sharon said...

So sorry and you were very sorely missed. We will stop byte survey the damage on Sunday. Love you both.

Lainey-Paney said...

OH NOOOOOO!

I'm so sorry.

Kiki said...

So much for only spending $200!

The Riley Family said...

Babe.. I am so sorry!! What terrible luck... But do we still have the pool? New floors will be good though. Sorry it had to come this way. Love you friend :-)

Stacey said...

aww, man! Can't believe that! Will be praying your insurance covers it all! And like you said,..you get new floors! :)

77apronstrings said...

Boo faulty pools! :(

Yay new floors! :)

Maybe I can convince my husband to install a faulty pool next to OUR house and get hard wood floors out of the deal...

Ashley McWhorter said...

Oh, that is bad! Looks like you better call Pappy!!