CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

5th Anniversary

Last weekend, we went to Cabo to celebrate our fifth anniversary. I am happy to report that the "Woolley luck" was not in effect and the trip went off with no complications and we had a wonderful time!


We stayed at an amazing resort, La Palmilla. It's definitely one of  my favorite resorts ever. 


It was a beautiful room with a balcony:


Every single detail was just so luxurious and we felt so pampered the whole time. 
We had a personal butler who left us snacks and gifts, every day.

This was one of my favorite touches. I'm not sure why, but I just thought it was great!:

This was my favorite spot on the private beach:

This was my spot at the pool:
I am also a huge fan of cabana boys by the way. As I laid by the pool, they came by to bring me drinks, prop my legs with pillows, spray me with suntan lotion, bring me ice cream pops. Seriously. Does it get any better than that?


While Rusty played golf one day, I got a massage in this palapa. Listening to the ocean waves while being massaged was so wonderful. I was truly relaxed for the first time, in a long time. 


One night we took a sunset cruise around Land's End. It was absolutely gorgeous!




Then we had a wonderful dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse at the marina


I got Rusty to stand up on this rock to take a picture. I really did not have any ulterior motives. I did not anticipate what would happen next....


His clothes were soaked, but I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It was worth the 30 minutes I spent drying his clothes with a hair dryer to get that shot. 

Before our trip, we bought an underwater camera to get some fun shots. This was the best we could ever come up with though. I kept floating up!

Rusty wanted to go deep sea fishing in an attempt to catch a blue marlin. Every time we have gone, I have caught a bigger fish than him. Not this time! My tiny little Bonita:

My husband reeling in his catch:

A 250 pound blue marlin:
(Apparently this is a big deal, but I didn't know it at the time)




After about 45 minutes, Rusty and Fransisco won the fight and got the fish in the boat. What a beautiful, powerful creature!

Proudly displaying flags of our catches on the ride back to shore:


Our last night at the resort. We were already getting sad about leaving the next day, but enjoyed a beautiful sunset and dinner at the resort. 




On the plane, coming home. So sad to leave paradise.

I'm already ready to go back! 


11 comments:

Kim and Eric said...

Wow! What an incredible place! Looks like y'all had a fantastic time. Way to go, Rusty, with that catch...amazing! Maybe I can get Eric to take me there someday. Miss you guys!

Tracy said...

Awesome pictures! So glad that you guys had a nice, relaxing trip and that you broke the travel curse, hehe.

Ashley McWhorter said...

What a great time! The pics are beautiful! We LOVE Cabo!!!!

Lisa said...

Your pics are amazing!! It looks like you two had a blast. So great to see you yesterday! I miss talking to you. Let's do it again very soon!!!

The Riley Family said...

Ok.. so this deserved the time to send a comment. I literally bust out laughing so loud of the pics of Rusty and the wave!! Looks like you had a great time in paradise. Love the dress in the last night pics. Beautiful! **Sigh** glad you came back to see us in reality though. Love you :-)

Kyle and Melanie White said...

Looks like a gorgeous place! Glad you had such a great trip.

Stacey said...

so glad you had a wonderful time! Happy 5th anniversary! My fav shot was of Rusty and the "wave!" That happened to my roomate when we were in Italy. I was the picture taker, she was the poser. She got all wet, and wasn't happy about it! Glad Rusty was a good sport!

Lainey-Paney said...

Bad luck & all---you guys truly take the best trips!

I think from now on, I should just turn our holidays & vacations over to you guys. I should just let y'all plan our trips!

Cassandra said...

Congratulations on 5 years!!! It looks like you had an AMAZING time and your pictures are beautiful!!! I miss you both!

Unknown said...

Must be nice to be a Woolley! Beautiful pictures. I especially liked the one where Rusty got splashed! Glad you had fun. :)

Robert and Kim Holz said...

Awesome. I am so glad you guys had a good time with no mishaps. Happy 5 years!! love you guys!