CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 8, 2010

No more Chemo!

There is a tradition at MD Anderson that when you finish your last round of chemo, you ring a bell in celebration. It is a wonderful tradition that symbolizes victory, but also gives hope to all of the patients currently undergoing chemo. Above the bell, these words are inscribed: 

“Ring this bell 
Three times well,
 Its toll to clearly say 
My treatment’s done, 
This course is run,
And I am on my way.”

Recently, Rusty's Aunt Nancy had the opportunity to ring that bell! Just days later, she celebrated a birthday! Yesterday, surprised her with a party and all had the opportunity to come together and celebrate her life and all that God is doing during this very difficult time. 

Rusty's dad read a beautiful poem that he had written for his sister, we prayed over her, toasted her and then we all rang bells in celebration!






Though Nancy still has a long road ahead of her including surgery and radiation, we are praising God for that this part of the battle is behind her and trusting Him to provide her with strength and healing as she continues on this journey. 

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Beautifully written. Thank you.

Stacey said...

Beautiful! I love it all! What a blessing you are to so many people....

Lisa said...

I don't know Stacey, but this made me cry. I am so happy for you all! He is Great!!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry! Nancy! Sleep deprivation. :)

The Riley Family said...

What a great reason to celebrate! The party looked like a success. I know she had a blast and was thrilled with the party. I can't wait to see all your changes around the house... hmm.. does that sound like I am inviting myself over? :-)

Unknown said...

I loooooooooove the bell party afterwards. What a wonderful family! A friend of mine sponsored/bought some bells for the new clinic at MD Anderson & was able to go to the ceremony for that. It was such a neat experience. I knew that they had patients ring bells after radiation, but I didn't realize they did the same thing for chemo. I love it!