CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Last Day!

Yesterday was my last shift in labor and delivery. It was such an emotional roller coaster of a day for me.
I cried all the way to the hospital. I just couldn't believe that I was really taking this step.
But, by the time I left, I felt a great sense of relief. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I walked out feeling scared, but excited to see what is in store for me!

I know that to some of you, this might all seem fairly dramatic. You might be wondering what the big deal is about getting a new job. But, those of you who know me well, know what a heartbreaking decision this has been for me. Being a labor and delivery nurse was not just my job, but in many ways, my identity. God has used it in my life in huge ways as my ministry, my testimony, and my passion. Walking away from it is not a decision that was made lightly or without many hours of prayer and consideration.

I don't believe that the "grass is greener" on the other side. I don't think any job is going to be perfect or be without it's own stressors. But, I do believe that this is the healthiest choice for me at this time in my life. So, though I am sad to go, I am excited and trust that I will find a new passion!

A few pictures from my last day:
(As you can probably tell from the bags under my eyes, I didn't get much sleep the night before! There was a lot of tossing and turning about this decision!)

Ginger and baby (She let me scan her while she was there and find out if we are buying pink or blue) 
It's a GIRL!!!
Even my buddy Kaden came to eat cake with us!
Theresa 
Debbie
Sherri
Sandy
Victoria
Sheila
My sweet friend Linda could not come to the party, but surprised me by showing up earlier in the day with these beautiful flowers!

And to top it all off, my coworkers collected money and got me a gift certificate to my favorite restaurant! I am so blessed to have been a part of this team and am thankful for all that I learned during the years that I spent there, but most of all for the friendships that I formed! 

6 comments:

The Miller Big Top Circus said...

I wish you all the best in your new job! Change is scary, but God has big things in store for you. I am inspired at your leap of faith, knowing that He has big things in store for you.

Kim and Eric said...

So exctied for the new adventure ahead of you. You will do so great with the new patients that you have and they will be blessed to have you as their nurse. Praying for you as you transition. Love that they celebrated you at the hospital. You are so beautiful---inside and out! Love you friend!

Robert and Kim Holz said...

I am so proud of you for making this step. The Holy Spirit speaks to you and reveals the directions you should go. If you prayed about it and feel, in your heart, that this was it, and I think that you do, you will enjoy your new adventure. You will be a wonderful nurse no matter where you go :)

Robert and Kim Holz said...

I am so proud of you for making this step. The Holy Spirit speaks to you and reveals the directions you should go. If you prayed about it and feel, in your heart, that this was it, and I think that you do, you will enjoy your new adventure. You will be a wonderful nurse no matter where you go :)

Unknown said...

These are great pics. I agree, God has big things in store for you, and your faith to step out and go in a different direction makes you a hero in my book!

Anonymous said...

Hey, just found your blog... I am excited to hear about the new job! I've missed being there on Sunday and can't wait to see you and give you a big hug!! I love to see your beautiful smile!

Love ya, Olivia