CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Things I have been too lazy to blog about

Before I got the new job, I was only working a few shifts a month and sitting around eating Bon-Bons the rest of the time. So, although working full time is not a big deal to most, it has been a huge adjustment for me. Most days, I get up at 4:30am, so by the time I get home, I am just too lazy to blog. I can't even get the energy to read or comment on other blogs, much less post! My schedule is changing now though and I am going to 3 days a week, so I am hoping to re-join the land of the living soon.

Here are a few of the things that have happened during the last few weeks:

My sweet niece Addison turned 4 years old! I cannot believe how quickly she is growing!
We celebrated her big day with a Build A Bear party and some Chick-fil-A.


We bought a new boat since our other one is too big to fit in our garage. Unfortunately, this one did not fit either! But, we found a trailer repair place that was able to shorten the trailer for us and now it fits! It was a happy day! 
And my man is happy!


Last weekend, I got to go on a girl's night with some sweet friends. We spent the night at the San Luis in Galveston. It was so nice to get a change of scenery, even if for only one night!

And yesterday, some girlfriends included me in a very special day. My friend, Jacque organized a day of moms treating themselves as an early mother's day gift. Some of the girls were pregnant, some have new babies, others have older kiddos, but they are all moms who deserved to be pampered!  Jacque called to invite me and said that they wanted to honor me too, as a mother. I was so touched! We had a wonderful, relaxing morning  at the Houstonian Spa and then a yummy lunch at Tiny Boxwoods. I can't believe that I didn't get any pictures! Thank you girls for including me. I was honored to be there with you guys!

And before you comment on all of the girl time I am getting, you should know that Rusty took a guys weekend a few weeks ago to go golfing in Lake Charles and is in Austin right now, staying at the Lakeway Resort, enjoying Lake Travis and some golf with his guy friends. So, don't feel too sorry for him.

The first few weeks of the new job have been very stressful for me. Though I love the job and feel sure that it was the right move for me, it is so far out of my comfort zone. I have so much to learn and it's hard to go to work and not feel confident. On top of that, I look like I am 12, so my patients always think that I am a brand new nurse and don't trust me until I tell them that I have been a nurse for 7 years and will be 30 this month! It's getting better though. Each day, I feel more and more confident. In fact, starting last Tuesday, I did not cry one day after I left work! That's big! I remember feeling this way when I started L&D though, so I know in time it will get easier.

My new coworkers have been so great and patient with me, which helps so much! This is my new friend and coworker, Shemika. She is a hoot and has been such a great help to me. In fact, I am pretty sure that we might have been sisters that were separated at birth.
I do miss my L&D friends though. And as I read about my friends recent birth stories, I feel a little sad that I am no longer a part of those special days. Could someone please come have some orthopedic or cardiac surgery so that I can be a part of your day? 

4 comments:

Kiki said...

I hope this boat works better than the last one too!

Kelley Nettles said...

I am glad you aren't crying everyday after work. A crying Jennifer means a crying Kelley and I don't have any Kleenex nearby!

Kristel said...

lol...I may need bunion surgery if that will help ya out....;) miss you!!! Can't wait to come swimmin this summer - we got our floaties!! :)

Lainey-Paney said...

sorry, but, no. i'm not signing up for ortho or cardiac surgery any time soon!